By continuing your visit to this site, you accept the use of cookies. These ensure the smooth running of our services. Learn more.

Berkaitan Dengan Masalah Papua

Berikut salah satu perikan berita yang dirilis oleh pada kalimat terakhir diHelshinki Finlandia.


Experts say the peace deal could help defuse separatist tensions that have threatened to tear Indonesia apart since the ouster of dictator Suharto in 1998 and East Timor's secession a year later. It also would provide a blueprint for resolving another secessionist crisis in Papua, at the other end of Indonesia's vast archipelago.

Sumber : http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2005/08/14/indonesia_aceh_rebels_set_for_peace_pact/ 

Berkaitan dengan itu situs lain merilis seperti dibawah ini dengan judul berita  : Local WW II veterans describe dropping of atom bombs By Steve Ferris, Herald-Standard 08/14/2005

He said his role in the war was less dangerous than that of combat troops, but the island bases where he worked were not immune from Japanese air attacks.

During a bombing raid on a base on Biak, off the New Guinea coast, a bomb hit a tent behind Petro's tent, and 63 people were killed in that raid, he said.

Gerry Blaney of Wharton Township was a tail gunner on a B-29 and flew in 23 missions over Japan. He said he believes that dropping the atomic bombs was a better alternative than invading Japan.

"We had enough trouble in Iwo Jima. We would have lost thousands if we invaded Japan," Blaney said.

He said most troops believed that an Allied invasion of Japan was likely and that it would have been a difficult fight based on their experiences with the Japanese at places like Iwo Jima.

"Everywhere we went they were dug in. The only way to get them out was to burn them out. We lost a lot of soldiers in the Pacific."

Blaney said the results of bombing missions over Japan were comparable to the results of the atomic bombs.

"One raid on Tokyo probably killed as many as an atom bomb," Blaney said. "Two hundred planes dropping bombs and burning the city did the same thing."
He said he was returning to his base on Guam from a night bombing run over Tokyo when Japan surrendered.

"The war was over 15 minutes before we landed in Guam," Blaney said.

Sumber berita :


Disamping berita diatas ada juga yang menulis :

Cole said that after the treaty was signed, the airlift began with the C-54s. "I made four round trips and was never on the ground in Japan for more than an hour," Cole said. "I went back to the island of Biak and stayed there and did ferrying of the troops and brought them back to the states," he said. Cole said he talked with many former Japanese prisoners who said they were kept separated in the prison camps and were not allowed to communicate with each other. Cole recalled talking to one prisoner who said he was captured during the Battle of Coral Sea, which took place in early May 1942 and he was unaware of what was happening throughout the rest of the war. Those who weren't serving overseas still remember V-J Day. "On the exact day, my mother, father, myself and a girlfriend that lived across the street walked downtown and saw all the people throwing the papers," said Pat Magut, 71, of Milford. "As it got to be very late, my parents told us that we had to go home and of course we didn't want to, but they told us the celebration for the end of World War I lasted for three days so we could always come back."

Sumber berita :


The comments are closed.